If you’re here, I can bet that you’re serious about your online business and are curious about how an eCommerce funnel builder turns leads into sales.
Well, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, I’ll give you a quick crash course on eCommerce funnel builders. First, I’ll explain what they are, what they’re supposed to do, and why your business needs one.
Then, I’ll dive into the main course: describing the best builders for your eCommerce sales funnel.
I’ve researched extensively and come up with the top seven of them. Later on, I’ll also discuss their features and cost.
Basically, you’ll learn everything you need to know about using funnels to grow your e-commerce business within this short read.
Ready? Let’s go!
Sales Funnels: What are They and How Do They Work?
A funnel builder software is a tool for making sales funnels. These funnels guide prospective customers through a process of clear stages until they make a purchase.
This process involves a lot of marketing, strategy, and great content.
Different products have different target audiences. Therefore, sales funnels cannot work as a one-size-fits-all.
Your funnel builder software must be able to make a sales funnel that works for your target audience.
So, How Do Sales Funnels Help Turn Leads into Sales?
Sales funnels guide the steps of potential buyers as soon as they land on your e-commerce store.
The best e-commerce funnel builders offer features like landing pages, webinars, email marketing, automated sales, payment processors and integrations, custom domains, and more.
They basically offer just about all the features you need to engage your customers and make them want to make a purchase from your site.
This way, it’s easier to slowly guide site visitors and turn them into customers over time.
Why Are Sales Funnels Necessary?
According to Marketing Donut, 63% of customers who inquire about your services won’t buy within three months.
The same report also states that around 20% won’t purchase within 12 months.
The chances of these prospective customers never purchasing are pretty high. This is often because they forget about your services or because they found a better alternative or for other reasons.
However, if you do not contact and follow up with them, you might never be able to get a cent from them.
A sales funnel is an easy way to automate follow-up messages and provide great content for leads.
These messages work slowly but surely. In this way, you nurture your customers and increase their trust in you and your product. You, in turn, make a profit.
You might even make a larger profit because, according to Annuitas, nurtured leads generate 47% more profit than non-nurtured ones.
A sales funnel is a business strategy that combines several essential digital marketing tools into one package. When done correctly, your business will notice a sharp increase in sales and lead generation.
But to make sales funnels for your online business, you need sales funnel software.
Here’s how I selected the best.
Criteria for Choosing the Best E-commerce Funnel Builder
No sales funnel builder is completely perfect; there’ll probably always be something users want to be improved. However, you can find a builder that has all the features you need to run your business.
The main variable within this factor is your business’ needs. If you can identify those needs, you’ll be able to find a builder to create your perfect sales funnel.
To this end, I advise that you list out the features you need within a funnel builder software. You should also make a list of features you’d like to have but can do without.
The builders on this list have the most abundant features within this industry, so you should do this to make selecting the right one easy.
2. Ease of Use
While some sort of education is advised before you start a business, you shouldn’t need to hold a Ph.D. in programming to use your funnel builder.
Everything about operating your funnel builder should be easy and intuitive.
3. Customizable Templates
This pretty much falls under ease of use, but it’s something that needs to be emphasized. A lot of people looking for an e-commerce funnel builder are new entrepreneurs that are unfamiliar with this type of business software.
These entrepreneurs almost certainly won’t want to build a sales funnel from scratch. And so, customizable templates are absolutely necessary.
4. Compatibility and Integrations
If you’ve been running your business for a while, chances are you’ve probably invested in software for it. In such a case, you’ll need a funnel builder that can integrate with a number of sites and software.
The need for automation is one of the strongest reasons for investing in a funnel builder.
Automation saves user’s time by allowing you to pre-set marketing processes ahead of time. If you can’t autopilot your marketing, then a lot of other features become useless.
6. Payment Methods
Before choosing a funnel builder, you should be sure that they support various payment methods, including the ones your customers are most likely to use.
This will ensure that payment processing is smooth for the customer, which is always a plus when purchasing a product online. It’s also a factor that might boost your sales.
7. Customer Support
While a sales funnel builder makes creating a sales funnel easier, there can be hiccups along the way.
This is especially true for new business owners who have never used this sort of software before.
So, a good customer care unit is crucial to getting your sales funnel running smoothly.
You need a place that’s available to answer your question in good time, so phone, live chat, or email support is necessary.
8. Growth Potential
The aim of a sales funnel is to help you increase your income and, hopefully, expand your business.
As your business grows, you’ll need to know that your funnel builder can keep up with you. I specifically looked for an e-commerce funnel builder that’s capable of leveling up when you do.
I chose our best funnel builders with these criteria in mind to ensure that there’s something for every business. These factors can also work as indicators of a good funnel builder.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase with my link. Thank you
Now let’s take a look at my top picks for the best e-commerce funnel builder.
7 Best E-commerce Funnel Builders
1. Constant Contact
Constant Contact takes my #1 spot for best e-commerce funnel builder 2021. But that doesn’t mean it’s my best sales funnel builder because this list is in no particular order.
My favorite option is on #2 and the one I make use of is on #4. I will tell you why later.
Well, let’s proceed to why Constant Contact email marketing software is the future for many entrepreneurs looking for an easy-to-use funnel builder software.
Constant Contact is one of the older software on this list.
It was started in 1995 by Randy Parker as Roving Software but was sold as Constant Contact in 2015 to Endurance International Group.
It’s slowly evolved from just an email marketing software to include everything an entrepreneur needs to run a successful eCommerce business.
- Email Marketing: Constant Contact began as an email marketing software, and its devotion to this type of marketing hasn’t changed. Its drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to create and edit emails. There are also automation services that can send emails when certain actions are taken, resend emails to non-openers, use powerfully list-building tools to create new lists and segment contacts. You can even find email templates and campaign strategies especially made for your business type.
- Marketing: While email marketing does often produce a large return on investment, you really shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket. To make sure you don’t, Constant Contact offers their customers marketing tools logo maker, landing pages, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads, Image library, integration with other apps, event management, and marketing, and more. By the way, event management and marketing include events like webinars.
- Website: Owning and running a website is one of the first steps to starting an online business. Constant Contact offers a website builder with many easy-to-use, mobile-responsive templates, hosting, an SSL certificate, a blog, the option to connect to a custom domain, website analytics, and unlimited storage.
- E-commerce: Constant Contact helps build your eCommerce store, integrate and automate Shopify stores, shipping management, order, inventory and tax management, coupons and discounting, transactional emails, etc. Plus, all product types are accepted, including digital products and downloads. However, a transaction fee of 1.5% will be deducted from each purchase.
- Support: Users get access to learning resources; that is, how-to articles, webinars, and an active community. There’s also phone and chat support available.
Pricing and Plans
Constant Contact has two plans.
New users get a 60-day free trial (no credit card required) to test this platform out.
- Email: This plan costs $20/month. It includes everything except for a few advanced features like automated email welcome and behavioral series, customizable pop-up forms, surveys, polls, coupons, RSVP, dynamic content, and new customer consultation.
- Email Plus: Everything’s included within this plan, which is $45/month.
Note: All prices are based on the number of contacts. So, if you have more contacts than the base price covers, you will have to pay more. However, in spite of this, Constant Contact website builder still remains one of the cheapest funnel builders available.
GetResponse is my best funnel builder software for beginners because with it you can run a successful automated online business for cheap with zero technical skills.
It’s a well-established software aimed at setting up people with everything they need to run an online business and also provides actionable guides for success.
GetResponse has been around since 1998, and they started out as an email marketing software and autoresponder.
But today, GetResponse can boast of one of the complete sets of online marketing tools within this industry. Let’s take a look at the features that make them stand out.
- Conversion Funnel: This feature was formerly known as Autofunnel until it was rebranded and upgraded by GetResponse recently. Conversion Funnel is a tool made to help business owners build funnels without having to set up all the small processes themselves. They have a lot of templates. All you have to do is choose the type of funnel you want and customize it.
- Email Marketing: GetResponse was originally only an email marketing software, which means that this feature is definitely extremely developed. GetResponse offers a drag-and-drop email creator that lets you build beautiful emails no matter the subject. You can also set up autoresponder emails triggered by actions, timing, or events.
There are loads of customizable templates, and you can set up a schedule to easily deliver your mails at specified times.
And after all your mail has been sent out, you can view your progress through GetResponse’s email analysis feature. This way, you can figure out what works best for your leads and adjust accordingly.
- Landing Page Creator: Every online business needs a place to display its products. While some people opt for websites, others discover that landing pages are also a great tool when used well. For example, businesses with more than 30 landing pages get seven times more leads compared to those with one to five landing pages.
GetResponse provides a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor, but if you don’t want to start from scratch, there are dozens of mobile-responsive and customizable templates ready for use.
You can add pop-ups, forms, countdown timers for events, and connect your landing page with your conversion funnel.
You can manage your products from GetResponse and easily import them from stores on platforms like Etsy, Stripe, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, WooCommerce, and PrestaShop.
- Marketing Automation: After a while, you’ll start to build up data on your customers that you can use to secure sales. GetResponse has made this process a lot more relaxed by creating a feature that allows you to limitlessly tag and segment customers based on the information you’ve built up. With this, you can build a profile based on each customer’s actions or inactions and target them with personalized and relevant emails.
You can also use behavioral data to set up automated events based on user’s actions. The behavioral data can also be used to create personalized journeys for customers, which will make them more likely to buy your products.
- Webinars: There are many business niches that can use a good webinar to create more buzz around their products. Setting up a webinar on GetResponse is quick due to the intuitive interface and the fact that you can integrate your webinar with your landing page. You can also set up automated email notices and reminders as the set date draws closer. There are also more interactive features available like call-to-action buttons, live chat, recording, polls and tests, file sharing, and more.
Apart from these five key features, GetResponse also allows users to create sign-up forms and embed them in their emails or landing pages, and buy ads from Facebook and Instagram from your GetResponse page.
GetResponse also offers specialized marketing bundles depending on what you do and your goals. In case you don’t understand anything, there’s a blog, live chat, and email support to help you out.
Pricing and Plans
GetResponse has a 30-day trial. After that, users will have to pay fees that depend on their needs and list size. This is another very cheap funnel builder and the basic plan is enough to get most small businesses off their feet.
The prices listed below are for a list size of 1000 people.
- The Basic plan starts at $15/month when paid monthly, $12.30/month when paid yearly, and $10/month when billed biyearly. It only offers unlimited lead funnels and one sales funnel.
- The Plus plan is $45/month. It’s discounted to $40.18 and $34.30 per month when billed yearly and bi-yearly, respectively. You can have up to five sales funnels and five webinar funnels here.
- Professional costs $99/month if you pay monthly. If paid yearly or bi-yearly, it’s $81.18 and $69.30 per month, respectively. Here, you get unlimited sales and webinar funnels.
GrooveFunnels is the youngest e-commerce funnel builder on our list. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t hold its own among some of the more well-known software.
Apart from the fact that it’s great for building eCommerce sales funnels, it’s one of the best landing page builders for affiliate marketing.
It was co-founded by Mike Filsaime, who had made a name for himself by creating software like Kartra (more on this later) and WebinarJam.
GrooveFunnels was made to contain absolutely everything you could ever think of needing as an online business owner.
They have a suite of over 20 tools that can be used to make everything from landing pages to webinars to video edits.
Some of these tools are still in beta testing right now, but new users have a huge advantage because Groovefunnels has a free funnel builder software (no credit card required).
And it’s offering a premium lifetime membership right now at a fraction of the cost of other funnel builders.
When it officially comes out in the first quarter of 2021, I don’t know how the pricing will change. To make sure that you don’t miss out, here are its key features/software.
- GroovePages: GroovePages is one of the most well-known tools in the Groove world. This software is used to make landing pages, websites, and sales funnels out of customizable templates. It has an intuitive, user-friendly software that is comparable or maybe even simpler than ClickFunnels and Leadpages.
- GrooveSell: GrooveSell is Groove Digital’s payment platform. It allows users to put up their products and services and enable a payment gateway so customers can buy them. You’re allowed to put up unlimited products and create unlimited product funnels.
- GrooveAffiliate: Affiliates are a great way to gain leads and make sales. If you want to create your own affiliate team, GrooveAffiliate offers you a way to do that by integrating with GrooveSell and GrooveFunnels. You can recruit, manage, and reward affiliates all from one dashboard.
- GrooveMail: This new email marketing tool has sequence automation, text and voice SMS broadcasting, and analytics to ensure that your emails get where they’re supposed to be and produce the expected effect. You can also import your contact list and integrate GrooveMail with 15+ email marketing service providers. So you can still use your regular service while enjoying the perks of GrooveMail.
- GrooveMember: Want to share your knowledge? GrooveMember makes it easy for people to subscribe to your program and for you to offer your courses for sale. You can provide memberships in levels, offer free or paid content, and give certifications. GrooveMember had not been officially released yet, but you can expect even more features when it is.
- GrooveBlog: Content creation is essential for running an online business. GrooveBlog within GroovePages makes it easier to publish content that will rank well on Google. And if you’d still prefer to use a popular site like WordPress to publish, you still can. GrooveBlog integrates well with WordPress.
- GrooveKart: GrooveKart is an e-commerce platform, much like Shopify but with a couple of differences. First, the only fee you’ll have to pay is your yearly subscription fee and the fees associated with the payment platform you choose, like PayPal or Stripe. They don’t charge transaction fees. You also get high-converting check-out templates, funnels, analytics, upsells, reviews, social proof, etc. So if you’re looking for a funnel builder software to replace Shopify as your e-commerce platform, GrooveKart might be your software.
There are several other Groove software, including:
- Groove webinars
Pricing and Plans
GrooveFunnel has four plans.
The first is a free basic plan that gives you access to only a couple of features.
The second is the Silver plan at $99/month with all the software in the Basic plan plus a couple of extras.
The Gold plan has almost everything for $199/month except, GrooveSurvey, GrooveQuiz, GrooveWebinar, and GrooveKart.
You can also opt for the fourth plan, which offers lifetime access to all Groove software for a one-time payment of $1397.
Note: This funnel builder has not yet been fully released, so expect some secrets and surprise features if you choose to check it out.
Erick Salgado, the founder of Builderall, created this software to ensure that business owners never have an all-in-one suite of marketing tools within one affordable package.
Today, Builderall has expanded to include tools that can help build or improve your email marketing, websites, landing pages, video editing, webinars, blogging, and more.
Plus, you still get an easy-to-use funnel builder with dozens of templates. Each template is customizable for various businesses. Builderall has over two dozen features, but I’m going to list the more essential ones.
Builderall is the sales funnel builder I use for my online business and the only reason I’m not making it my number one recommendation is because it’s not as cheap GetResponse.
But it’s actually not an expensive tool and I strongly suggest you go for it if you are someone like me that likes to have work significantly reduced and simplified.
- Website Builder: Builderall’s website builder is called Cheetah Website Builder. It’s named so because it’s fast, intuitive, and has a large number of templates that you can use to create an online store or business page. It can also be used to build landing pages.
- Video Maker and Editor: You can use this feature to make and host animated videos on your website.
- Funnel Builder: This allows you to build an automated funnel from scratch or work with ready-made funnel templates. You also get your pick of over 300 ready-made professionally built funnels. Plus, some of these funnels have been customized to suit people in different niches, so you might be able to find one perfectly tailored for your business.
- Email Marketing: Builderall provides a drag-and-drop email builder, automation, and scarcity timer to optimize your email marketing strategy.
- Upsales, Downsales, and Bump sells: You can configure your settings to make upsells, downsells, and bump sells offers to your customers based on their actions.
- Live Webinar: Go live with the option of streaming guests through other software like Facebook and YouTube.
- Flexible Affiliate System: You can run any type of affiliate system you want. It can be a single-tier or multi-tier.
Other features include:
- CRM and automation system
- Chatbot and SiteBot
- Booking Calendar
- Super checkout system with dozens of payment gateway integrations
- Ecommerce Checkout
- Auction Checkout
- Magazine builder
- Mockup and image editor
- Vídeo Wrapper
- Browser Notifications
- Blog Builder
- Chat Builder
- Membership websites and e-learning system
Pricing and Plans
You can get a 30-day almost-free trial on Builderall for $1 to check things out. Apart from that, there are only two plans.
Builderall’s Premium plan costs $69.90/month but does not include the ready-made funnel options.
Its Funnel Club plan costs a one-time payment of $199 and a recurring payment of $69.90/month.
But the Funnel Club plan gives users access to hundreds of ready-made eCommerce funnels in different industries as well as the nearly 30 features available to users on the Premium plan.
Note: Each plan offers 15 domains and an unlimited number of subscribers. This is one of the most generous offers among e-commerce funnel builders.
Thrive Architect is a WordPress funnel builder for online businesses. Made by Thrive Themes, the builder is optimized for speed and requires no design or coding skills.
And this in my opinion is the best WordPress funnel builder.
As a WordPress visual editor, Thrive Architect includes tips and features for easy page building. For example, the software provides flexible column layouts, full-width layouts, and total font customization.
Business owners and entrepreneurs use Thrive Architect and an online shopping cart tool called Thrive Cart to create sales funnels.
This tool allows you to make checkout pages, process orders, and make payments. However, it is not built by Thrive Themes.
Thrive Architect works for self-hosted wordpress.org websites and not wordpress.com blogs. So, to make use of it, you need hosting.
- Website and landing page building: Thrive Architect equips professionals with the ability to create landing pages and one-page websites in a blink. The software has a collection of in-built templates if you don’t want to start from scratch. From announcements to offers, promotions, or webinar hosting, Thrive Architect’s templates are designed to meet different business needs.
- In-built conversion elements: Thrive Architect enables businesses to add buttons, countdown timers, testimonials, and lead-generation forms on pages. When done correctly, these elements can draw more customers to the business. You can also integrate these in-built elements with email marketing tools and grow your mailing list.
- Advanced customization: The software also has tools that permit businesses to add personal pages to their pages. Asides from over 700 custom fonts available on the WordPress builder, there are also engaging texts and images. You can also apply colored overlays and other customization techniques with the page builder.
- Mobile responsiveness: Thrive Architect includes options to make websites, landing pages, and opt-in pages mobile-responsive. This feature enables business owners to set screen size elements, the content to show, and other adjustments to layouts.
You can preview the final page you build with Thrive Architect on different devices. Learn more about Thrive Architect features.
Pricing and Plans
Thrive Architect is a cheap WordPress page builder and it has three subscription options to choose from.
You can get five licenses for a one-time fee of $97 or one for $67.The third option is to become a Thrive member.
Thrive members get 25 licenses of Thrive Architect and several other Thrive Themes’ products for $19 per month.
All Thrive Architect pricing plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee. The software also comes with free one-year support from Thrive Themes’ technical team. After this period, you can renew your support coverage for a fee.
This software is a popular e-commerce builder for small business owners and entrepreneurs. That’s because the builder is conversion-optimized, and it includes real-time guidance and expertise.
Leadpages works on mobile and desktop devices, and anyone can use the software without knowing how to code. Virtually all the tools and services required in a sales funnel are integrated into the easy-to-use platform.
- Website and landing page builder: Leadpages allows you to build a website by simply dragging and dropping, then snapping design elements together. The software also provides access to coders who want to include HTML codes to fine-tune the page or website’s look.
- Website hosting and publishing: The software offers business owners the opportunity to easily publish their websites on a domain. Alternatively, Leadpages can host your site for you.
- Conversion Analytics: The software allows you to know which design setup has a better conversion rate through its Leadmeter. This feature provides real-time updates and tips.
- Technical support: Leadpages has a team of tech experts to provide business owners with a seamless experience.
- Conversion toolkit: The e-commerce builder provides access to its toolkit, which includes pop-ups, alert messages, opt-in text, trigger links.
Pricing and Plans
Leadpages has several plans, and you can request a free 14-day trial on any plan. The pro plan is the most popular among small business owners, and it cost $59 per month.
There’s also a standard plan that goes for $27 per month. Alternatively, you can choose the advanced plan that costs $239 per month.
The difference between Leadpages’ plans is in features like A/B split testing, email trigger links, opt-in text campaigns, etc.
Kartra is yet another e-commerce funnel builder that has become popular among business owners. Founded by Mike Filsaime and Andy Jenkins in 2017, the software is an all-inclusive solution to marketing e-commerce or digital products.
Through its easy-to-use interface, marketers use Kartra to build lists and pages and market emails. While the e-commerce builder is packed with features, here are the top
- Affiliate management tool: This system allows you to leverage the convincing power of other people to make a profit from your business. With Kartra’s affiliate management tool, you can list products, assign affiliates to promote them, and manage their payouts or commissions.
- Email marketing: Kartra allows you to set manual email broadcasts or completely automate the process. The software also has attractive templates. However, you can decide to drag and drop design elements when creating action-initiating emails from scratch.
- Video hosting: You can use Kartra to host mobile-ready videos before or after your call-to-action (CTA) for your viewers. The software also provides special features like embedded forms.
- Help desk: There’s a customer management tool that makes it easy and quick to help your customers in Kartra. Complaints like billing support and technical issues can be settled on the software.
- Webpage builder: Kartra also allows you to create webpages from scratch. The software can also be used to build landing pages.
Other features include:
- Integration for third-party software
- Live chat system
- Product carts
Pricing and Plans
To access Kartra’s features, you need to choose one of its four plans.
The starter plan goes for $99 per month with limited features like one custom domain. It only allows you to sell 20 products.
While the Silver plan costs $199 per month, Kartra’s Gold plan costs $299 per month. Both allow more leads and custom domains than the Starter plan.
Finally, the Platinum plan goes for $499 a month and includes the most features you can get out of the e-commerce builder.
Note: You can get a discount on all plans if you choose the annual billing option.
Online shopping is here to stay, and statistics, research, and forecasting studies back this claim. In 2019 alone, retail e-commerce accounted for 14.1% of all retail sales.
As more businesses go digital, understanding sales funnels and how to use an e-commerce builder has become essential.
I’ve provided you with everything you need to know about an e-commerce funnel builder and uncovered the seven top ones.
Use the information I’ve explained in this article to your advantage and stay ahead of the curve!