The Instagram market is amazing. I dare say that running/marketing a business on Instagram might be more successful than most other social media.
The only problem is that the space to link your products is pitiful at best. This is why almost every Instagram businessperson needs an Instagram bio link tool for their profile.
If you’re not too familiar with Instagram’s linking rules, then here’s the problem. All Instagram users are only entitled to one bio link for an Instagram account. That’s it.
You can’t put links in posts, in your stories, or anywhere else except you have more than 10,000 followers and can access the swipe-up feature.
You only get that one Instagram bio link — which is especially frustrating for people who want to direct traffic from their accounts to their website(s).
So, how can you achieve your goal of generating traffic and conversions through adding multiple links in your Instagram bio?
One way is to use an Instagram marketing tool that can help store multiple links on a single page.
If you just stumbled across this article and don’t yet know what these tools are, here’s a quick introduction.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through my link. Thank you.
What Are Instagram Bio Link Tools?
Instagram bio link tools can be described as landing page builders with a few distinct differences.
One difference is that they’re made to build landing pages, especially for people redirected from the Instagram app. Another difference is they’re made to store links for visitors.
The last difference is that, unlike most landing pages, Instagram link in bio tools make pages for the transition. That is, these pages are the transit point between Instagram and your actual website.
The point of these tools is to help you gather up all the links to your website(s) and store(s) so that visitors who enter from Instagram can see what you offer and head to your main pages if they’re interested.
But since Instagram’s monthly user count has exploded to over a billion people, there has also been a corresponding increase in Instagram link tools.
But which ones work best? That’s the question this article was made to answer. I’ve searched across the internet, review sites, and Instagram itself to find the best seven tools for bio linking.
Allow me to show you the best link in bio tools that will work great with your social media marketing strategies and keep your bio link working properly.
7 Best Instagram Bio Link Tools
Shorby is a relatively new link-in-bio tool compared to others on this list. However, it’s improved rapidly through the years and now has the ability to stand as my number one software for Instagram bio links.
You can check my Shorby review to learn how to make use of all Shorby’s features.
Here are its features:
Shorby has three stand-out features:
- Creating Micro Landing Pages: This is Shorby’s latest addition to its feature list. Its official name is Smart Pages, and it’s used to create landing pages where you can store your links under one URL. The landing page is customizable, and you can add your social media accounts and content to it.
You can also link the page to any RSS of your choice to start a feed that will show your website or store’s latest content. You can also treat a Shorby landing page as a mini e-commerce store.
There are blocks where you can add your products and stickers to function as price tags.
Plus, you don’t have to keep the base domain “shor.by” as your domain name. On certain plans, you can change that, which is way better for your branding.
Plus, all your links come with tracking analytics with the option for tracking pixels if you want to go further.
- Link Shortening: A link shortener is a tool that’s needed not only for Instagram but on other sites as well. Shorby has an easy-to-use link shortener and is arguably the best Instagram link shortener. Each shortened link comes out with the base domain “shor.by” and click-tracking analytics attached.
- Messenger Links: Sometimes, some visitors need to have a one-on-one conversation with the business owner before deciding to make a purchase. Shorby has created a way to have links serve as a route to your messages. These links can be established as a hyperlink with a message for software that supports it.
Shorby has three plans: Rocket, Pro, and Agency. Rocket is the cheapest at $12/month. Pro and Agency cost $24/month and $88/month, respectively. At these prices, all plans are paid annually.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Comes with a link shortener.
- Comes with click tracking analytics and pixels.
- Comes with messenger links.
- Option for a custom domain.
- Software is well-rounded.
- Slightly expensive compared to some of its competitors.
Linktree has been around for quite a while and is one of, if not the most popular Instagram bio link tool on this list and it’s a direct competitor to Shorby.
Unlike Shorby that has a free trial, Linktree has a free plan and a lot of pretty well-known individuals use it. But is it right for you? Let’s take a look at its features.
As a well-established bio link tool, Linktree has a fairly good number of features.
- Customization: Linktree has a fair bit of customization options. You can get premium and animated themes, header templates, font styles, and size and button shape, color, and size. However, you’ll always have the Linktree logo at the bottom of your page.
- Links: In the area of links, there isn’t much that you can’t do with Linktree. Although adding an unlimited number of links isn’t an uncommon feature, being able to embed video links is. You can also add thumbnails to your links or style them in a different way to draw attention. There are also newsletter email and SMS signup links that you can use to get customers to subscribe to your texts or emails.
- Analytics: Linktree analytics can track your link’s views, click-through rate (CTR), and the location, referrer, and device of your visitor.
- Sensitive Content Warning: You can add sensitive content warnings in case your content shouldn’t be shown to a younger audience.
- Facebook Pixels: You can now add Facebook pixels and get even better tracking analytics.
Linktree has only two plans. A forever free plan which has less than half the features provided on the paid plan. The paid plan is only $6/month and has all the above features plus priority support.
- Simple to use
- Very affordable
- Easy to rearrange links and add new ones.
- The free version is available.
- You can add only links.
- The paid plan isn’t too different from the free version.
- No method to import content from other sites or social media accounts.
Lnk.bio is a much simpler website. It doesn’t have many complicated elements. Rather than being known for loads of features, it’s popular for being extremely easy to use.
It has a simplistic interface, well-labeled elements, and a responsive website. But this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have what it takes to be one of the best Instagram bio link tools.
- Personal URL: This is one of the best features Lnk.bio offers. Users get to create their own personal URLs with this site. That is, there is no “Lnk.bio/insert website name.” You can add your own custom domain name without worrying about the effect a different domain name will have on your brand. However, you will still have to deal with the Lnk.bio logo on your page.
- Safety: This isn’t something that’s usually noted, but it should be. Lnk.bio wants users to understand that the website only uses Instagram’s official API and will never ask for your password. This means that there’s no chance that your account will be hacked from Lnk.bio.
- Cross-linking Social Media: Cross-linking all your social media profiles effectively boosts your engagement through all your accounts. Lnk.bio makes this easy to do as you can share posts to all your social media accounts.
- Web-based: Unlike many other bio link tools, link.bio doesn’t have a “link in my bio app.” The whole thing is entirely set up on a website. This means that you don’t have to worry about the app developing glitches and causing problems. Plus, you can access your Lnk.bio account and page from any device with an internet connection.
- Elegant Design: Lnk.bio uses a UI design that’s made to easily sync with Instagram’s style. This makes for a very smooth mobile transition from the app to the website and an easily mastered interface. However, this means that there are no customization options besides headings available at the moment.
- Link Tracking: There’s also the option of tracking visitors that have clicked the links. This may help you to understand how to approach them to sell your product or subscribe to your website or newsletter. You can also enable external analytics pixels for more detailed information.
In addition to these features, there’s also an option of white labeling for companies and agencies.
Lnk.bio has to be the cheapest bio link tool on our list. This is another point that makes it even better suited for new business owners without much capital.
You can start off with a free account, but when the premium only costs a dollar a month, the free plan isn’t worth it. You can get a lifetime membership for just $10.
The white label lifetime option can be categorized as extremely cheap at $25. Customization options only come with a lifetime white label option.
- Extremely affordable.
- Easy to use.
- Quick to set up.
- Smooth transition between app and website.
- Less chance of problems associated with apps.
- Allows users to cross-link their social media accounts.
- Allows users to customize their URLs.
- Not as many tracking analytics as others.
- No way to import content from other sites.
- Not as many options for customization.
While we love traditional Instagram link in bio tools, you have to admit that other tools are more suited to building mobile-optimized landing pages.
Because of that, we’re going to step away from the well-known Instagram bio link tools and into the world of landing page builders. And our first stop is ShortStack.
ShortStack is an IG marketing tool that makes it easy to build landing pages. Although their software aims at creating pages for contests, competitions, giveaways, sweepstakes, quizzes, etc.
Because of these, they have many options for customization available, and you get several elements to add at your discretion. Here are their key features concerning this article’s topic.
- Templates: This is one advantage that landing page builders hold over Instagram bio link tools. There are several templates to choose from. Each of these templates is customizable, so you can change whatever element you want to fit your tastes. The only downside is that not all templates are available with all plans.
- Contest Management: Contests are a great way to draw attention to your product or service. Fortunately, a ShortStack Landing Page comes equipped with various tools for setting up, running, and winner selection of contests.
This management so includes the creation and running of contests suited for Instagram users like photo and video contests, giveaways, referrals, comments, etc. It’s a great way to drive engagement for your page, and with ShortStack, running such a contest will definitely be easier.
- Email Marketing: ShortStack allows you to send automated emails to subscribers and contest participants. You can even set up email marketing campaigns with personalized offers. There are also options for scheduling and follow-up emails.
- Analytics: As a tool that has many functions, ShortStack is equipped with good data analytics. You can check metrics like views, traffic, clicks, shares, traffic sources, and more. You can also integrate ShortStack with Google Analytics to get a more detailed report.
Other features include:
- A drag-and-drop editor.
- Embed on your website.
- Creating signup and contact forms.
- Support for social media accounts.
ShortStack has three plans. The first costs $99/month, and it’s the Business plan. The second is called the Agency plan, and it costs $199/month with more contest options available.
The Brand plan is worth $500 per month, and it has features that are more suitable for a large organization than anything else. There’s also a free trial available.
- It can be used to set up contests.
- It can be used to set up marketing campaigns.
- It can be used as an email marketing tool.
- Google Analytics can be integrated.
- 60+ templates are available.
- Drag-and-drop editor makes customization easy.
- It’s not easy to get the hang of.
GetResponse is the oldest tool on this list. It’s been around for well over two decades now and was first established as an email marketing software and autoresponder.
But if that hadn’t changed, it wouldn’t be on our list of best Instagram bio link tools.
A couple of years ago, GetResponse started to take on a new shape, and today, it has evolved into an all-in-one e-commerce solution.
If you can’t tell yet, this is an absolute plus when looking for a place to stash multiple links for your Instagram bio. Because why wouldn’t you want all of your marketing tools in one software?
- Landing Pages: This article’s essence is finding software that can allow you to gather the multiple links you’d like to put up for your Instagram followers into one page. GetResponse has a landing page builder with mobile-responsive templates and a drag-and-drop editor to help you set up your page in a couple of minutes.
You can also take advantage of lead-generation tools like pop-ups, forms, countdown timers, Facebook ads, webinars, and more.
You also get a choice between one of GetResponse’s free domains or your own custom domain if you have one.
- Email Marketing: This is GetResponse’s specialty, so you get some of the most high-end email marketing options available. You can make use of elements like newsletters, autoresponders, timed emails, automation emails, transactional emails, email segmentation, a drag-and-drop email creator, and more.
- Marketing Automation: This feature allows you to build marketing automation based on consumer choices and behavior for better conversions and sales.
- Analytics: Visitors’ data is tracked through Facebook Pixel or Google Tag Manager.
- Integrations: GetResponse can be integrated with several other software like WooCommerce, Shopify, Instagram (yay!), WordPress, PayPal, Stripe, and more.
There are four plans, and each has the capability of producing unlimited landing pages.
The Basic plan costs $15/month. Plus and Professional plans are much more expensive at $49/month and $99/month. The fourth plan, Max, has custom pricing.
Before you pick any plan, you get a 30-day free trial to help you decide if GetResponse is right for you.
- It’s very user-friendly.
- Landing pages are available on any plan.
- You get access to some advanced features in marketing automation and conversion funnels.
- It has some detailed analytics.
- It comes with A/B testing.
- It integrates well with several tools
- Its free trial has a longer than average period.
- Because GetResponse is so focused on conversions, it’s a great place to promote affiliate links on Instagram.
- There’s a list limit of 1000 people for each plan. More people means more money.
- No phone support is provided unless you’re on a Max plan.
WordPress still hosts billions of websites, so we know that it’s likely that some people have WordPress sites just sitting around.
However, did you know you could make that old site your new bio link? Thrive Architect can make it happen.
Thrive Architect is a WordPress plugin. It’s a page builder developed by Thrive Themes’ which allows you to build conversion-focused landing pages. Here are its key features.
- Drag-and-drop Editor: Thrive Architect’s elements follow a simple rule. Click to edit. You don’t have to go through any menu to change something. Simply click on an element, and you’ll get options to make the changes you want.
- Templates: As of January 2021, there are 278 conversion-focused templates for you to choose from. These take away the effort of building a page from scratch and allow you to get a professional-looking page that fits your business. These templates are highly customizable as well.
- Conversion Elements: All the elements you’ll need are built-in. You have testimonials, call-to-action-buttons, credit card icons, content boxes, lead generation forms, animated countdown timers, and more.
- Integration: Thrive Architect smoothly integrated with well-known software like HubSpot, Facebook, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, Sendinblue, Constant Contact, Amazon Web Services, Twitter, Google, Campaign Monitor, GoToWebinar, and more.
Note: Thrive Architect works even better with other tools from Thrive Themes. For example, you can use the Thrive Theme Builder to customize your entire WordPress site. Thrive Optimize also helps to test your pages before launch. You can check out the full review of Thrive Architect here.
You can get one license for Thrive Architect for $67 and five for $97. Or you can get 25 licenses, and eight other Thrive Themes tools by becoming a Thrive Member for $19/month.
- High-level element editing.
- Conversion-focused elements.
- Very easy to use.
- Impressive analytics.
- It might be a bit too conversion-focused.
Last but definitely not least is Builderall. Builderall aims to be a complete digital marketing platform on the internet.
It was created by Erick Salgado and has recently released its fourth version, with a very powerful website builder.
The advantage of Builderall is that it’s highly focused on conversions for affiliate marketers.
This means that you won’t have to chuck your affiliate links on your Instagram stories anymore. You can link them on a platform that gives them a priority.
Builderall has many features, so we’re only going to take a look at those that are relevant to building the bio link page you want.
- Cheetah Website Builder: The main landing page and website builder, equipped with a drag-and-drop editor.
- Instagram autoresponder: A tool that helps you automate your chat on Instagram.
- Mobile Perfection: A feature that gives you mobile-optimized versions of your websites.
- Page Loading Accelerator: Optimize your page loading speed by optimizing your page.
- Smart Pop-up: Convert faster with smart, timed pop-ups.
- Email Marketing: This feature helps to enhance emails by adding drag-and-drop email marketing automation and scarcity timers to optimize conversions and sales.
Other features include:
- Webinar building apps
- Live streaming tools
- Funnel builders
With Builderall’s Premium plan, you get all features except done-for-you funnels for $69.90. For the Funnel Club Package, which grants access to dozens of conversion funnels, you pay a $199 one-time fee and $69.90/month after.
- Easy to use.
- Conversion funnels increase the likelihood of conversions and, therefore, sales.
- Has almost all digital marketing tools in one place.
- Powerful drag-and-drop editor.
- Specifically mobile-optimized pages.
- A/B testing available.
- Expensive when compared to traditional Instagram bio link tools.
- The interface is a bit bare.
So when it all comes down to it, which of the Instagram bio link tools should you choose?
Well, it depends on your goals, what you sell and how you plan to sell it.
A three-in-one tool like Shorby is best for people who just want a better platform for their Instagram-optimized links. It’s the number one traditional bio link tool I recommend.
For WordPress sites focused on selling a couple of products or services, Thrive Architect would be a great option.
Just make sure you know how you want your business to run, and you should be able to pick the right tools for you.
And here’s a guide on how to put a Clickable link in your Instagram bio if you need help with it.